Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Experience with Copic Markers so far

I haven't had enough experience using Copic Markers and have actually been trying to attend one of the Copic certification classes that are held throughout the country regularly. But whenever I've seen any classes happening in Southern California, they always seem to be somewhere too far north like Valencia or Santa Barbara. Or too far south like San Diego. And then from what I've read in the criteria for even having your application accepted, you have to be an art professional. But honestly, I have yet to even contact anyone when there has been a class nearby. I guess I should get on it sometime, since I have started to amass a decent collection.

However, recently I had to part with my collection of markers and was just recently reunited with them. I'll spare you the circumstances, but most of the people actually reading this blog might know what I'm talking about. I was fortunate enough to get them back, along with my Moleskine sketch book that has quickly become my favorite and have been using exclusively. There really isn't one drawing that I don't like in it. But I'm sure there's room for improvement.

The drawing below is the first self portrait that I've done since taking art class in high school, or rather when I was taking after school classes at the dA art gallery in downtown Pomona. Which actually, I was never able to get back. Along with other artwork that I did while attending the program (my fault completely, not theirs). I guess it kind of looks like me, though the hair is a little off. And the second one is just something I did trying to experiment with Copic Marker. I could take it or leave it.




No comments:

Post a Comment