Friday, November 5, 2010

Moleskine Sketch Book


All of the new artwork that I've been working on in the past 2 months is from my Moleskine sketch book. I started using it after I notice a lot of other artist had success with one. And there's just something about the size and feel of it that makes it so easy to draw in. I don't know though, it's probably all in my head.

The only problem I've been having is finding something, or someone, to draw. I think I just take it so seriously that I don't want to mess it up. But I guess it really isn't a “sketch” book because the drawing aren't exactly sketches. They're complete pieces of art. They're small pieces, but still, they are complete.

The first three drawings are of my hands, since I didn't have any other hands at my disposal. Though they do look a little grimy, which I like.








This is an unfinished drawing that I'm not really confident is going to come out as I had originally planned. I don't like the color, actually you can't see what I did to it after because I didn't scan the changes I made. I just don't like it to tell you the truth.




 





Another backpack picture. I don't know why I like drawing it so much. Well, I got a new bag, so I can try drawing that one for a change. I drew and colored some random clothing because I like the way the colors looked against the gray and dull bag.








This last one I just finished last night. It's drawing of some guy, don't remember who exactly, from an old issue of Wired I had lying around. I liked the way the lines around his mouth looked. It came out alright though. But I think I'm too critical of my drawings sometimes, so it's hard to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment