Friday, November 4, 2011

More (of the same) Markers


Ok, so I had this coupon for Aaron Brothers for 50% off any one item. Just to make it clear, I rarely ever shop there... The selection is terrible and the service is subpar. Anyways, I went in yesterday because the coupon I had expired that day. I was hoping to find the Koh-I-Noor pens that they used to always carry. And of course they don't carry them anymore (I guess the $140 retail price was too much for most). So I figured I could find some other pens in the meanwhile but there was nothing even close to that quality.

Instead I see a set of Copic Sketch Markers. Big mistake. They had them at retail ($77.99) and not even thinking if I already had those colors I bought them. With the coupon it came out to $42 for the set of 12. I just couldn't pass up that deal. They retail for about $6.49 each. With the coupon they were each about $3.25. Considering these markers are rarely ever below retail I thought it was a good decision.

The ones I bought are the 12 oval shaped markers at the bottom. If you look closely you can find the doubles.

So, of course, once I got home I get my other markers only to realize that I already had those colors. Every single one of them. I don't know how to feel. I thought about returning them or doing something sneaky like taking them to Blick and exchanging them there for something worth $80. But instead I just kept them. Technically though I don't have these because the ones that I buy are the regular, square shaped Copic Markers. But I ended up liking the sketch markers because of the longer brush nib on them. So all in all it wasn't that big of a deal that I spent $40 on a set of markers that I might already have. I think secretly I obsess over the fact that now I have 50 Copic Markers, even if 12 of those are doubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment