Saturday, April 23, 2011

Step By Step Drawing 1.4

So it's been over a week since I last posted the progress of this drawing. Mostly because I didn't know where to go next... by that I mean I didn't have any direction as to what was going to be in the background. I really just started drawing this girl, and figured something would come to mind.

I got these markers recently. They're the kind people use for crafting, scrap booking and whatnot. I thought, what can I really do with them? So I decided to use them in this drawing. I've never used them before and don't really know any of the quirks involved with mixing them with ink. Hopefully it wont ruin the drawing but we'll have to wait and see in the next post.

Anyways, on to the drawing.

I finally finished filling in the colors that were off on her. And I went over alot of the lines in and around her body. You can see the pencil sketches of the spaces where I'm going to be drawing something in.


Ok, so it may look rough but this next part kind of took me longer than I thought. It was a really hard decision to draw in all the lines before coloring the area. The markers I'm going to be using are so strong that they just completely cover over everything leaving no sign there was anything underneath at all. I guess that's because they're leafing markers.


The next step will probably be the hardest and most labor intensive because I'm going to have to slowly and precisely (well not that precise, but you get what I mean) color in small areas, while at the same time still leaving the pencil marks that I will then be filling in with ink. It's kind of hard to explain but you'll be able to see what I mean in the next post. The idea here is for the spaces to look metallic.

I don't know, but I hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment