Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Step by Step Drawing 1

Originally this blog was supposed to help me with drawing everyday... that is, to help by getting me to draw everyday more or less. At first it was more, now it's unfortunately become less and less.

This post is a good example of what I was originally going to be doing. Now that I have a proper scanner setup, time, and my interest has peaked, I've decided to chronicle a drawing I started working on this past Monday. It isn't finished yet, but I'm going to try and post the progress. Well, at least scan the progress and post it afterwards.

Step 1 (more like 2 actually... read below)
I had a rougher version of this, a sketched out one, but when I scanned it most of it didn't come out. I think it has to do with the pencil not being picked up. When I messed with it in Photoshop I could see some of the indentation of the drawing, but no graphite. Her hair expands in the drawing above, but like I said, the scanner didn't quite get it.

Step 2

Here I filled in more of the hair and went over some of the lines. If you've ever heard of, or seen, any of Moebius' work you can see the influences here. Actually that's the style that I've been dabbling alot with lately (clear, solid lines with little to almost none, or non-existent, shading at all). His drawings are so smooth and fluid, he's probably my favorite artist. I guess that's because he does the kind of art I also do, illustration.

Anyways, that's it for now but I'll be updating the next steps of the drawing. Hopefully it comes out the way I want it to in the end. But if it doesn't at least I'll be able to go back and alter the previous image(s) digital, which is something I rarely ever do, if it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment