Monday, January 24, 2011

Art Show


The Elements of Style Art Show was this past Saturday night. We got a really good turnout considering all the promoting we did on Facebook and all the fliers we printed and passed out at the Pomona Art Walk.

I did take some pictures but unfortunately I didn't take as many as I wish I would've. Either way my camera, like most point and shoot digital cameras, doesn't work well in low light conditions so alot of them came out too dark or too blurry. Well, that and the fact that by then I was a little too tipsy to care. But I may post them in a separate blog post.

The event started at 6pm, but we encountered some technical problems with trying to hang my artwork since we couldn't put any nails into the wall I was going to be using. But we were able to remedy that with industrial strength velcro which actually turned out to work really well. I think I might use it to hang the unsold drawings in my rooms. Speaking of which, I was able to sell two of my pieces.

But my friend Aldo of Aster Magazine was there to properly document the event. All of the pictures in this post were taken by him and featured on Aster Magazine's Facebook. Which reminds me that they recently did a profile about this blog and my artwork on their website. So hopefully that will give me more exposure so that I can sell some more artwork. Speaking of which, I was able to sell the two following pieces that night. Which I'm pretty happy about.



I didn't actually title any of the pieces. I'm not the type to usually do that with completed works. The drawing above I had previously posted in color but these pictures are in black & white. If you go to my older post there's a scan of it in color. It's 8x10 framed.

The one to the left is 11x17 and is accurately colored as shown in black & white.


All in all, it was a good evening. And I think we're planning on doing it again next month. There were plenty of drinks, great music and a good diverse amount of people.


2 comments:

  1. yay you sold some work! which ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first 2 i posted. the hand with the jacket and the black & white large one.

    ReplyDelete