Monday, December 27, 2010

Art Show(s) in 2011


Recently I've been working on several pieces for a couple of art shows I'm going to be a part of in the next two months. The first takes place on January 22nd. This one I have a lot more input in because my friend is doing it at her salon in Claremont. I'm going to be working on a flier for it and will post it soon.

And the second I believe is for the Downtown Pomona Artwalk (I assume because the gallery is located on 2nd Street in downtown Pomona). The date for the second show is still tentative, but I will post it when I find out the exact date. Besides that I don't really know much about it besides the fact that they asked for graffiti artwork.

So anyways, I was out the other night in downtown Pomona and I was speaking with a tenant of one the galleries on 2nd Street and he suggested I do a bunch of small pieces all of hands, since he had seen my sketchbook. I offered to put up some work if he ever needed any new stuff for one of the artwalks. So hopefully than pans through, but if it doesn't either way he gave an idea.

These are the first two completed drawings of the set. I'm not exactly sure how many in total I'm going to be doing of these, but I'm thinking something close to 10. And I don't really know how I'm going to arrange them, of if they'll all have the same colored background or really any of the details besides the fact that these are two from the set.


In addition to the “hands” pieces, which are in fact just one whole piece of art, I'm also planning to do a couple of more separate pieces. And on top of that I also need to do 2-3 complete pieces for the art show in February. The theme for that one is graffiti. So that shouldn't be too hard. I think I might just work on those now and use the graffiti art for the first show as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment