Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More Drawing from Life

A couple weeks ago I bought a pack of disposable Copic pens (most Copic pens or markers are refillable) and decided to finally use them last night. They're perfect when paired with Copic markers because they [usually] don't smear when coloring over the ink. Unlike the Rapidograph pens, which I really like, but tend to smear more often.


I just cant seem to get away from drawing hands. And for once I was able to draw my right hand while at the same time looking at it. Whereas before I would take a picture of it and then draw it from the computer. I put on a jacket because I like the way the red looks with the flesh tones. This is as close to maroon as I could get. I had to first put down a red and then color that in with a brown. It came pretty close to the color I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment